Plot & Details
The saga of pop metal superstars Def Leppard is told in this biopic, produced by cable television music channel VH1. The film traces the band's history from their origins as a teenage hard rock act in the English industrial town of Sheffield to the massive success they enjoyed worldwide as multi-platinum recording artists. Def Leppard's rise to the top is depicted as driven by rabidly dedicated lead singer Joe Elliott (Orlando Seale), though along with the money, supermodels and parties there are tragedies as well. Original guitarist Pete Willis (Nick Bagnall) is sacked when excessive drink affects his performance, drummer Rick Allen (Tat Whalley) loses an arm in a car accident and must endure grueling effort to learn how to play again, and lead guitarist Steve Clark (Karl Geary) struggles with alcoholism as he bounces in and out of rehab centers. Through all the tribulations and excess, however, the band sticks together like brothers and fights to keep rocking as a unit.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/25/2005
- Director(s): Robert Mandel
- Starring: Karl Geary , Orlando Seale , Adam MacDonald , Esteban Powell , Tat Whalley
- Themes: Drug Addiction,Alcoholism,Rise and Fall Stories,Musician's Life
- Tone: Downbeat,Drab,Earnest,Forceful,Reflective,Rousing
- Keywords: alcoholism, amputation, car-crash, comeback, father, rock-band, rock-music