Plot & Details
Long a cultural fixture of New York's Greenwich Village, Shopsin's is explored in this documentary feature from music video director and filmmaker Matt Mahurin (1996's Mugshot). Facing the prospect of shutting down after years as one of the area's best-loved restaurants, owners Eve and Kenny Shopsin reflect on the eatery's beginnings and history. Along with demonstrating some of Shopsin's specialties in the kitchen, the eccentric Kenny waxes philosophically about love, life, politics, and everything in between. I Like Killing Flies screened in competition at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/28/2006
- DVD Release Date: 09/25/2007
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
- Director(s): Matt Mahurin
- Starring: Kenny Shopsin
- Tone: Affectionate,Humorous,Irreverent,Nostalgic,Quirky,Warm
- Keywords: chef, eccentric, family-business, kitchen, neighborhood, observations, restaurant, transition, working-class
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-28-2006)
- Language: English