Plot & Details
This Israeli romantic drama chronicles the love of Nissim for Rosa (Michel Bat-Adam), Nissim's widowed sister-in-law. Under (very old) Jewish religious law, Nissim has the duty and obligation to marry his brother's spouse on the death of his brother. Nissim (Gabi Oterman) is very fond of Rosa, and grows to love her. However, he is only eleven, and newly single Rosa is not interested in either child-rearing or remarriage, so she shoos him away. Quite a few years later, Nissim (Moshe Tal) comes back with marriage in mind. Their conflicts and growing love resolve in a satisfying conclusion.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/02/1997
- DVD Release Date: 03/31/2009
- Director(s): Moshe Mizrahi
- Themes: Death of a Partner,Widows and Widowers
- Tone: Gentle,Humorous
- Keywords: love, marriage, tradition, widow/widower, Equal-Rights, marriage-arranged, prejudice, woman