Plot & Details
Television flavor-of-the-month Richard Grieco made his feature-film debut in this juvenile spoof of James Bond films. He plays a high-school senior named Michael Corben who has flunked out of his French class, but has the chance to make up his grade on the French Club's summer trip to Europe. On the airplane booked to transport the French Club to France is another man by the name of Michael Corben, and this man happens to be a super-spy. When he is killed, the hapless high-school senior is mistaken for the real spy by British intelligence. He becomes involved in a mad plot by Augustus Steranko (Roger Rees) in which Steranko and his evil assistant Ilsa Grunt (Linda Hunt) plan to dominate the European continent by converting the gold standard to coins that will bear Steranko's likeness. Corben goes along with it when he is provided with a red sports car, a tuxedo, and some high-tech weapons. Along with all the spy accouterments, he latches onto a sexy helper -- Mariska (Gabrielle Anwar).
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/15/1991
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): William Dear
- Starring: Richard Grieco , Linda Hunt , Roger Rees , Robin Bartlett , Gabrielle Anwar
- Themes: Mistaken Identities,Underdogs
- Tone: Goofy,Silly,Tense,Humorous,Light,Flashy
- Keywords: espionage, high-tech, millionaire, mistaken-identity, sports-car, spy, teenagers, weapons
- Country of Origin: USA (03-15-1991)
- Language: English