Plot & Details
This TV-dramatization tells the story of marital abuse, but with a slight twist in the formula: the abuser and abused are young, upper-middle-class newlyweds. Kellie Martin is fresh-faced wife and young-mother Katie, who goes against her parents' better judgment and marries the good-looking but shady Jim (Ivan Sergei). Soon after their marriage, Katie realizes her husband has explosive and violent anger, but repeatedly accepts his apologies. After doing everything in her power to hide the truth from her police-officer father (Kevin Dobson), she finally comes clean to her family and tries to leave, facing the ultimate confrontation with Jim. Somewhat typical in its characterizations, the movie is notable for Martin's believable performance as the resigned victim.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 80min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/26/2005
- Director(s): Eric Laneuville
- Starring: Kellie Martin , Kevin Dobson , Ivan Sergei
- Themes: Woman In Jeopardy,Families in Crisis,Domestic Abuse
- Keywords: anger, domestic-violence, father, husband-and-wife, physical-abuse, spouse-abuse, upper-middle-class
- Language: English