Plot & Details
This gentle slice-of-life drama from China concerns Chin (Ge You), a middle-aged bachelor who leaves something to be desired in the appearance department. In desperation, he opts to invest some time and money into a personal ad - and spends the following weeks suffering through a nearly endless series of disappointing dates with ill-matched, unpleasant, and sometimes downright eccentric women. His fate turns somewhat when he meets Xiaoxiao (Shu Qi). She's gorgeous, she's engaging, and her personality meshes beautifully with his own - but Chin can't quite shake the feeling that she's way out of his league. Recalcitrant about the idea of approaching her romantically again, Chin settles for a friendship with Xiaoxiao and the two find a bright spot in each others' lives.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 127min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/04/2009
- DVD Release Date: 06/30/2009
- Director(s): Feng Xiaogang
- Starring: Ge You , Alex Fong , Shu Qi , Vivian Hsu
- Themes: Looking For Love,Breakups and Divorces,Single Life,Misfits and Outsiders
- Tone: Intimate,Melancholy,Poignant
- Keywords: bachelor, dating, entrepreneur, fear, heartbreak, personal-ad
- Country of Origin: Hong Kong (12-24-2008)
- Language: Mandarin