Plot & Details
The Decameron was the first of director Pier Paolo Pasolini's "trilogy of life." The film, based on the sexually supercharged tales of Boccaccio, is a patchwork of many of Pasolini's favorite themes. Pasolini himself plays the role of an aspiring fresco painter who is advised that his completed work will never be as satisfying as his dream of that work. The film is followed by Pasolini's The Canterbury Tales and The Arabian Nights.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/05/2009
- DVD Release Date: 05/20/1998
- Director(s): Pier Paolo Pasolini
- Themes: Bohemian Life,Sexual Awakening
- Tone: Light,Bright,Easygoing,Sexual,Humorous,Racy
- Keywords: aristocracy, freedom, lover, medieval, artist, fresco, sex
- Country of Origin: Italy (08-25-1971)
- Language: Italian