Plot & Details
David Alan Basche (Carry Me Home, crazylove) stars in I'll Believe You, as Dale Sweeney, the radio host of an immensely unpopular late-night talk program on the AM dial. The only listeners whom Sweeney ever manages to drum up are nutty, half-zonked small-town denizens who want to discuss UFO sightings on the airwaves. Just prior to the final broadcast, with the program in arm's length of cancellation, Sweeney receives a strange phone call from an individual who speaks anxiously in an unintelligible language. The next morning, two federal agents turn up to question Sweeney, demonstrating heightened interest in one of the latest UFO sightings. Dale thus concludes that the caller was in fact an extraterrestrial, lost in his small town. He decides to report on the happenings during his broadcasts (which quadruples his audience size) and then bandies the locals into a collective search for the alien. Paul Francis Sullivan directs.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 81min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/09/2007
- DVD Release Date: 09/08/2009
- Distributor(s): Stand Up Films
- Director(s): Paul Francis Sullivan
- Starring: David Alan Basche , Patrick Warburton , CeCe Pleasants , Patrick Gallo , Fred Willard
- Themes: Small-Town Life,Benign Aliens
- Tone: Affectionate,Easygoing,Quirky,Whimsical
- Keywords: alien [not human], caller, government-agent, investigation, mystery [unexplained phenomenon], radio-show, search, small-town, townspeople
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-28-2007)
- Language: English