Plot & Details
A lonely guy gets more than he bargained for when he hooks up with a beautiful but eccentric woman in this comedy-drama from writer and director Leonard Farlinger. Robert (Rossif Sutherland) is a stockbroker whose life has not been going well for him -- he's not happy with his career, he's just been dumped by his girlfriend, and his shyness around women means he's probably going to be single for a while. Robert goes out with his friend Paul (Don McKellar) for his birthday, and Paul encourages him to get back in the game; when a pretty girl catches Robert's eye, Paul urges him to make a move, and soon Robert is sharing drinks with Daphne (Karine Vanasse). Things go so well that Robert and Daphne end up spending the night together, but the next morning, while Robert is expecting life to return to normal after a one-night-stand, Daphne fasts talks him into joining her for a trip to Ontario to visit her folks, and he soon discovers she intends to introduce him to them as her new fiancé. I'm Yours received its world premiere at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 79min.
- Director(s): Leonard Farlinger
- Starring: Rossif Sutherland , Karine Vanasse , Don McKellar , Nicholas Campbell
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Looking For Love,Single Life
- Tone: Bittersweet,Humorous,Reflective,Talky
- Keywords: break-up [romantic], fiancee, shyness, stockbroker
- Language: English