Plot & Details
Produced for cable's BET network, Incognito can be described as an African-American variation of the sort of TV-movie fare that had previously been the exclusive province of such Caucasian actresses as Victoria Principal and Cheryl Ladd. Wealthy, gorgeous female executive Erin Courtland (Allison Dean) is raped by a lowlife named Derek Scanlon (Phil Morris), who manages to elude arrest and begins stalking the harried heroine. When it becomes obvious that Erin's sniveling fiancé Quinn (Roger Guenveur Smith) will be of no help to her whatsoever, Erin's dad Marcus (Ron Glass) engages the services of bulked-up bodyguard Jake Hunter (Richard T. Jones). To be sure, a romance ensues, with all the attendant clichés of this sort of formula film fare, albeit with fascinating side glances at such Afrocentric topics as sickle-cell anemia and social unrest. Adapted from a novel by Francis Ray, Incognito made its TV debut on September 17, 1999.
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 95min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/15/2003
- Distributor(s): UrbanWorks Entertainment
- Director(s): Julie Dash
- Starring: Allison Dean , Richard T. Jones , Phil Morris , Vanessa A. Williams , Roger Guenveur Smith
- Themes: Out For Revenge,Woman In Jeopardy
- Tone: Menacing,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: bodyguard, businessperson, ex-convict, fiancee, rape, socialite
- Language: English