Plot & Details
Invaders from Mars, horror-film director Tobe Hooper's remake of the classic 1950's science fiction film, directed by William Cameron Menzies, centers on a young boy named David (Hunter Carson) who tries to stop an invasion of his town as aliens take over the minds of his parents George (Timothy Bottoms) and Ellen (Laraine Newman), his teachers and the townspeople. With the help of the school nurse (Karen Black), the boy enlists the aid of the U.S. Army to help save the world. With makeup effects supplied by Stan Winston and visual effects by John Dykstra, Invaders From Mars is a wild sci-fi feast that hearkens back to the 1950's invasion films, made popular by the original film and others like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Science Fiction,Thriller
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/24/1997
- DVD Release Date: 01/20/1998
- Distributor(s): Cannon Group
- Director(s): Tobe Hooper
- Starring: Karen Black , Hunter Carson , Timothy Bottoms , Laraine Newman , James Karen
- Themes: Evil Aliens
- Tone: Paranoid,Tense
- Keywords: alien [not human], boy, invasion, spacecraft
- Country of Origin: USA (06-06-1986)
- Language: English