Plot & Details
Bette Davis and Leslie Howard play an egotistical Broadway acting team famous for their romantic scenes. In truth, Davis and Howard are crazy about each other, but they spend so much time bickering that they never get around to marriage. The relationship is complicated by young heiress Olivia De Havilland, a fan who worships the ground Howard walks on. Howard tries to scare off the star-struck young lady by threatening her with seduction, but it turns out she enjoys the prospect of being seduced. Everything is straightened out by the climax, though Davis and Howard never quite get to the altar. It's Love I'm After is all the more enjoyable when one recalls the "serious" movie romances carried on by Leslie Howard with both Bette Davis (in The Petrified Forest) and Olivia De Havilland (in Gone with the Wind).
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/03/2008
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Archie Mayo
- Starring: Leslie Howard , Bette Davis , Olivia de Havilland , Patric Knowles , Eric Blore
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Love Triangles
- Tone: Easygoing,Humorous,Light,Wry
- Keywords: actor,backstage,fame,fanatic,infatuation,performer,relationship,seduction,show-business,stage,stars [celebrities]
- Language: English