Plot & Details
Jerry Lewis stars in this broad slapstick comedy as Lester March, a TV repairman who dreams of some day being a private detective like his friend and role model Mr. Flint (Jesse White). One night, Lester sees a report on television about Cecilia Albright (Mae Questel), the elderly owner of a successful electronics empire. Cecilia is looking for her missing nephew, who will be the heir to her estate, and Lester decides that this is a case he should try to crack. However, when Lester pays a visit to Cecilia's estate, more than one person remarks that he looks an awful lot like the missing person in question -- including Gregory DeWitt (Zachary Scott), Cecilia's money-hungry attorney who would just as soon the nephew not be found so he could have the fortune to himself. Gregory attempts to kill Lester, but he turns out to be much harder to get rid of than anyone expected. It's Only Money was directed by Frank Tashlin, who after directing a number of classic animated shorts for Warner Bros. moved on to live-action films and made several classic Jerry Lewis vehicles, including two features with onetime partner Dean Martin.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/10/2006
- Distributor(s): Paramont Paul Jones
- Director(s): Frank Tashlin
- Starring: Jerry Lewis , Joan O'Brien , Zachary Scott , Jack Weston , Jesse White
- Themes: Amateur Sleuths,Inheritance at Stake
- Tone: Goofy,Humorous,Light,Madcap,Silly
- Keywords: heir, lawyer, missing-person, nephew, private-detective