Plot & Details
Acclaimed actor Leonardo DiCaprio stars in Academy Award-winning director Clint Eastwood's richly detailed biopic exploring the life and career of controversial FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. For nearly 50 years, Hoover (DiCaprio) fought crime as one of the most powerful law enforcers in America. During Hoover's extended stint as Director of the FBI, however, his penchant for bending the law in the name of seeking justice and using the secrets of high profile leaders to gain personal leverage won him just as many supporters as detractors. Little did many other than his loyal colleague Clyde Tolson (Armie Hammer) and faithful secretary Helen Gandy (Naomi Watts) know, however, that Hoover himself was a man with many secrets to hide. Josh Lucas, Judi Dench, and Stephen Root co-star in film written by Oscar-winning Milk scribe Dustin Lance Black.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Epic and Historical
- Run Time: 137min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/09/2011
- DVD Release Date: 02/21/2012
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Clint Eastwood
- Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio , Naomi Watts , Armie Hammer , Josh Lucas , Damon Herriman
- Themes: Rise To Power
- Tone: Melancholy,Nostalgic,Sweeping,Compassionate
- Keywords: FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation), federal-agent, government-agent
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-09-2011),USA (11-11-2011)
- Language: English
Broadcast Film Critics Association
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2011||Broadcast Film Critics Association||Best Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio||Nominated|
|2011||Broadcast Film Critics Association||Best Makeup||Nominated|