Plot & Details
Jack ('Philip Seymour Hoffman) and Connie (Amy Ryan) are two single people who on their own might continue to recede into the anonymous background of the city, but in each other begin to find the courage and desire to pursue their budding relationship. In contrast, the couple that introduced them, Clyde (John Ortiz) and Lucy (Daphne Rubin-Vega), are confronting unresolved issues in their marriage.
Jack is a limo driver with vague dreams of landing a job with the MTA and an obsession with reggae that has prompted him to begin a half-hearted attempt at growing dreadlocks. He spends most of his time hanging out with his best friend and fellow driver Clyde and Clyde's wife Lucy.
The couple set Jack up with Connie, Lucy's co-worker at a Brooklyn funeral home. Being with Connie inspires Jack to learn to cook, pursue a new career and take swimming lessons from Clyde so he can give Connie the romantic boat ride she dreams of. But as Jack and Connie cautiously circle commitment, Clyde and Lucy's marriage begins to disintegrate. From there, we watch as each couple comes face to face with the inevitable path of their relationship.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/17/2010
- DVD Release Date: 01/18/2011
- Distributor(s): Overture Films, Big Beach
- Director(s): Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Starring: Philip Seymour Hoffman , Amy Ryan , John Ortiz , Daphne Rubin-Vega , Thomas McCarthy
- Themes: Looking For Love,Single Life
- Tone: Gentle,Humorous,Sweet,Understated
- Keywords: marriage-problems, blind-date, couple, friendship, limousine, love, marijuana, marital-problems, swimming
- Country of Origin: USA (09-17-2010)
- Language: English
Independent Spirit Awards
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2010||Independent Spirit Awards||Best Supporting Male||John Ortiz||Nominated|
|2010||Independent Spirit Awards||Best Supporting Female||Daphne Rubin-Vega||Nominated|
|2010||Independent Spirit Awards||Best First Screenplay||Nominated|