Plot & Details
Real-life siblings Carice and Jelka van Houten star as twin sisters from the Netherlands who embark on a road trip across the United States on a mission to help their prickly biological mother receive physical therapy in this endearing comedy co-starring Holly Hunter. Industrious magazine editor Sofie (Carice) and her domesticated sister Daan (Jelka) were raised in a happy Amsterdam household by a loving gay couple. Though they share a close-knit bond, the only trait the two sisters seem to have in common is the fact that neither has ever met their biological mother (Hunter), an aging free spirit who lives in the American Southwest. Compelled to pay their estranged mother a visit after receiving an unexpected phone call from her, the two sisters venture across the Atlantic Ocean to find her living in a run-down RV and suffering from a badly fractured leg. Now, as they set out on a cross-country trip to get her to physical rehabilitation, the twins finally begin to learn where their colorful personalities came from.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/12/2013
- Distributor(s): Tribeca Film
- Director(s): Antoinette Beumer
- Starring: Carice van Houten , Jelka Van Houten , Holly Hunter , Howe Gelb
- Themes: Mothers and Daughters,Sibling Relationships,Discovering One's Heritage
- Tone: Quirky,Witty
- Keywords: free-spirit, twins
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-12-2013)
- Language: Dutch,English