Plot & Details
Low-hanging clouds and low-cut blouses dominate the brooding British melodrama Jassy. Margaret Lockwood is at her teeth-baring best as a tempestuous gypsy girl who is hired as a servant in an aristocratic 19th century household. Dennis Price is her handsome master, with whom she falls in love. They marry, and it comes to pass that the master comes to a violent end. The girl is accused of murder, but appearances are deceiving. An early arrival to American TV, Jassy received a new lease on life in the 1960s by virtue of its lush Technicolor photography. The film was based on a popular bodice-ripping novel by Norah Lofts.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 96min.
- Distributor(s): General Film Distributors
- Director(s): Bernard Knowles
- Starring: Margaret Lockwood , Patricia Roc , Basil Sydney , Dermot Walsh , Linden Travers
- Themes: Class Differences,Clearing One's Name
- Tone: Sentimental
- Keywords: British,aristocracy,false-accusation,girl,gypsy,husband,murder,servant