Plot & Details
An ocean-themed Florida amusement park comes under attack from an angry Great White shark in this third installment of the horror series. The film maintains only a loose relationship to the original Steven Spielberg hit, centering on Mike (Dennis Quaid) and Sean (John Putch), the sons of police chief Martin Brody (originally played by Roy Scheider). Mike works at Sea World, where a baby Great White shark has accidentially been let into the park. Soon, the baby's vicious and extremely powerful mother comes in search of her child. The film focuses most of its attention on the series of tense shark attacks that follow, as tourists run for their lives while the park workers struggle to destroy the sharp-toothed beast. The suspense sequences were made somewhat more memorable during the film's original release with 3-D photography, an attribute lost on video, thereby removing the most distinctive element of an otherwise run-of-the-mill sequel.
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 98min.
- DVD Release Date: 06/03/2003
- Director(s): Joe Alves
- Starring: Dennis Quaid , Bess Armstrong , Simon MacCorkindale , Louis Gossett, Jr. , John Putch
- Themes: When Animals Attack,Terror in the Water
- Tone: Menacing,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: employment, fishing, killing, news, park, play [recreation], sea, shark, time, animal, attack, ecology, investigation, murder, sea-monster
- Language: English