Plot & Details
Directed by Claude Miller ('A Secret' and 'La Petite Lili') and his son Nathan Miller, 'I'm Glad My Mother is Alive' explores childhood trauma and its dire consequences on adult life. Given up for adoption as a toddler, troubled teenager Thomas becomes obsessed with tracking down his birth mother. After years of searching Thomas finds her single, with a small child, living in a nearby suburb. Traumatized by years of emptiness and longing for his mother, he starts an ambiguous relationship with her (part courtship, part obsession) which slowly drives him to an act of madness.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/02/2011
- Distributor(s): Strand Releasing
- Director(s): Nathan Miller, Claude Miller
- Starring: Vincent Rottiers , Sophie Cattani , Christine Citti , Yves Verhoeven , Maxime Renard
- Themes: Mothers and Sons,Sibling Relationships,Estrangement
- Tone: Poignant
- Keywords: boarding-school, brother, estrangement, mother, orphan
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-02-2011)
- Language: French