Plot & Details
Simultaneously recalling Richard Curtis's Love Actually (2003), and - on a more culturally proximate note - Cedric Klapisch's seriocomedy Paris (2008), this outing from writer-director Amanda Sthers observes the intersection of six French lonely hearts against a uniform backdrop. As the tale opens, three single men sit waiting in a French airport: psychiatrist Max (Michel Lonsdale), writer Marcel Henri (Pierre Arditi), and editor Olivier (Patrick Mille). As fate would have it, their paths just happen to intersect with three lonely, needy women of varying temperaments and backgrounds: distinguished widow Fanny (Monique Chaumette), man-hungry teacher Lila (Anne Marivin), and the desperately unhappy, suicide-prone cancer patient Julia (Carole Bouquet). As various couplings occur and various substories unfold within the confines of the airport, each of the characters finds his or her life changed in an irrevocable and unforeseeable way.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Distributor(s): UGC Distribution
- Director(s): Amanda Sthers
- Starring: Carole Bouquet , Pierre Arditi , Anne Marivin , Patrick Mille , Michel Lonsdale
- Themes: Unrequited Love,Looking For Love,Intersecting Lives,Serendipity
- Tone: Bittersweet,Reflective,Wistful
- Keywords: airport, destiny, stranger
- Country of Origin: France (06-10-2009)
- Language: French