Plot & Details
In Johnny Stool Pigeon, the title character's name is really Johnny Evans (Dan Duryea). Evans is an imprisoned crook whose wife died as a result of a vicious narcotics ring. Federal agent Howard Duff works out a deal with Evans, who agrees to help the agent infiltrate the gang. After making connections up and down the West Coast, the gang is brought to heel by the combined efforts of Evans, the agent, and a reformed gun moll (Shelley Winters). Johnny Stool Pigeon was one of a group of intriguing Universal second features directed by future horror-film maestro William Castle between 1948 and 1951.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 76min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/06/2005
- Director(s): William Castle
- Starring: Howard Duff , Shelley Winters , Dan Duryea , John McIntire
- Themes: Going Undercover
- Tone: Bleak,Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: convict,drug-ring,federal-agent,gun-moll,help,informer,prison,release