Plot & Details
Back in the 1940s, it was not uncommon for recording artists to cut records exclusively for the jukebox trade, and sometimes to perform musical numbers "live" to jukeboxes via telephone hookup. Perhaps it is necessary for one to know these things before viewing Jukebox Jenny, very much a product of its time. Vaudevillian Ken Murray stars as Malcolm Hammond, sales manager for the record-company owner by Roger Wadsworth (Don Douglas). Engaged to Genevieve Horton (Harriet Hilliard), daughter of his financial backer (Marjorie Gateson), Wadsworth is strong-armed into a marriage with brash Jinx Corey (Iris Adrian). Hammond tries to rescue Wadsworth from this contentious union, but in the process he falls in love with Genevieve himself, and endeavors to turn her into a top recording star, utilizing his know-how of the mechanics of the "juke" business. With eight musical numbers, it's a wonder that there's time in Jukebox Jenny for any plot at all!
- Genre(s): Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 65min.
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Harold Young
- Starring: Ken Murray , Harriet Nelson , Donald Douglas , Iris Adrian , Marjorie Gateson
- Keywords: business, fast-talking, manager, marriage, music, record-company, recording, romance, sales, songwriter, stars [celebrities], executive, love-triangle