Plot & Details
A woman is trying to unravel a mystery that she literally can no longer see in this thriller from Spanish filmmaker Guillem Morales. Julia (Belén Rueda) and her sister, Sara, have both inherited a medical condition that is slowly robbing them of their eyesight, with stress severely aggravating the condition. When Julia gets the news that Sara has died, she has a hard time believing the police report that she committed suicide, and she and her husband, Isaac (Lluís Homar), begin looking into the matter. As Julia examines the particulars of Sara's death, she begins to suspect the actions of Sara's neighbor Blasco (Boris Ruiz), his daughter, Lia (Andrea Hermosa), and an aged woman named Soledad (Julia Gutiérrez Caba). As Julia becomes more convinced that Sara's neighbors were involved in her death, unpleasant events begin happening all around her, and as she comes closer to unraveling the knots that have tied up Sara's death, Julia inches closer to total blindness. Produced in part by Guillermo del Toro, Los Ojos de Julia (aka Julia's Eyes) was an official selection at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 132min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/26/2011
- DVD Release Date: 12/20/2011
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Director(s): Guillem Morales
- Starring: Belén Rueda , Lluís Homar , Pablo Derqui , Francesc Orella , Joan Dalmau
- Themes: Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Tense,Haunting
- Keywords: blindness [physical], eye, suicide, twins
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-26-2011)
- Language: Spanish