Plot & Details
A goofy slacker wreaks havoc after worming his way onto the jury of a high-profile court case in this broad comedy. The extremely unmotivated Tommy Collins (Pauly Shore) has found himself homeless after being kicked out by his mother, and he needs a place to stay. After hearing how the juries of important cases are sequestered in fancy hotels and provided with free meals, he decides that's the life for him and successfully volunteers for jury duty. Enjoying what he considers the high life and wishing to romance an attractive female juror (Tia Carrere), Tommy infuriates his fellow jurors by attempting to drag out the trial. Director John Fortenberry offers much obvious slapstick, along with a few attempts at topical jibes against media sensationalism, but even fans of Shore's lowbrow humor may be disappointed by the film's quality.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/12/1995
- DVD Release Date: 12/09/2003
- Director(s): John Fortenberry
- Starring: Pauly Shore , Tia Carrere , Stanley Tucci , Brian Doyle-Murray , Abe Vigoda
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Fish Out of Water
- Tone: Irreverent,Madcap,Goofy
- Keywords: havoc,jury,jury-duty,mayhem,sequestered,slacker,trial [courtroom]
- Language: English