Plot & Details
Just for You is based very loosely on Stephen Vincent Benet's Famous. Widowed Broadway producer Jordan Blake (Bing Crosby) is too busy with work to pay much attention to his teenaged kids Jerry (Robert Arthur) and Barbara (Natalie Wood). One thing he hasn't noticed is that Jerry isn't really a kid any more. This point is driven home when Jerry develops a crush on Blake's latest leading lady--and erstwhile sweetheart--Carolina Hill (Jane Wyman). Only Allida de Bronkhart (Ethel Barrymore), owner of the girl's school attended by Barbara, is wise enough to figure out a satisfactory solution to everyone's dilemmas. Capitalizing on their previous successful musical teaming in Here Comes the Groom, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman perform several sprightly tunes, both solo and in tandem.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 104min.
- Director(s): Elliott Nugent
- Starring: Robin Williams , Bing Crosby , Robert De Niro , Jane Wyman , Julie Kavner
- Themes: Parenthood,Actor's Life,Single Parents
- Tone: Affectionate,Easygoing,Gentle,Heartwarming,Light,Upbeat
- Keywords: Air-Force, USO, boarding-school, couple, crush, finishing-school, love, neglect, producer [showbiz], rehearsal, resort, show-business, engagement, family, parent/child-relationship, teenagers, unrequited