Plot & Details
Chhabi Biswas plays a prominent Indian industrialist who takes his family on holiday to Darjeeling. In close contact with one another for the first time in months, the family members vent their various pet peeves. Efforts to solve the family's problems are often stymied by the schism between the younger and older members of the group. In short, filmmaker Satyajit Ray trots out several of his favorite themes, then bundles them together in an entertaining and accessible fashion. In the tradition of Hollywood's The Set-Up and High Noon, the events in Kanchenjungha are played out in "real time," with everything occurring uninterruptedly within the film's 100 minutes.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/14/2003
- Distributor(s): Edward harrison
- Director(s): Satyajit Ray
- Starring: Chhabi Biswas , Anil Chatterjee
- Themes: Generation Gap
- Tone: Confrontational,Deliberate,Reflective,Talky
- Keywords: family-vacation,generation-gap,industrialist,problems