Plot & Details
Italy's fraternal filmmaking team of Paolo and Vittorio Taviani whip up another multistoried slice of life in Kaos. "Life," in this case, is seen from the peculiar perspective of author Luigi Pirandello, four of whose pieces are herein adapted. "The Other Son" finds Margarita Lozano making the best of her rocky relationship with her son, who was the product of a rape. "Moonstruck" (no relation to the Cher vehicle of the same name) deals with a newlywed woman who is adversely affected by the full moon. The comedy team of Franco and Ciccio star in "The Jar," a fable concerning a feudal landlord and a merry-prankster jar manufacturer. And in "Conversing with Mother," the Tavianis go their usual route of forcing their characters to face the present by confronting the past by having Pirandello himself (Omero Antonutti) converse with the ghost of his long-departed mother (Regina Bianchi).
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 188min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/20/1998
- DVD Release Date: 04/01/2008
- Director(s): Paolo Taviani, Vittorio Taviani
- Starring: Margarita Lozano , Claudio Bigagli , Massimo Bonetti , Enrica Maria Modugno , Franco Franchi
- Themes: Ghosts,Haunted By the Past,Mothers and Sons
- Tone: Enigmatic,Fanciful,Humorous,Lyrical,Reflective
- Keywords: advice, collector, feudalism, maniac, moon, peasant, rebel, supernatural, country-life, folk-tales, mother, slice-of-life
- Country of Origin: Italy (11-23-1984),USA (02-14-1986)
- Language: Italian