Plot & Details
A teenager looking to regain his self-respect and his relationship with his father finds the answer in an unexpected place -- go-kart racing -- in this family-friendly drama. Watts Davis (Will Rothhaar) is a 14-year-old boy who has been nothing but trouble since the death of his mother. Feuding with his father Vic (Randy Quaid) and causing problems at school, Watts has only one desire: to someday become a race-car driver. When Watts discovers IKF go-kart racing, he sees he's finally found a way to start living his dream and mend fences with his dad, who was a go-kart champ in his youth. With the help of Vic and fellow racer Scott (David Gallagher), as well as some unexpected moral support from Dhalia (Amanda De Martinis), a cute graffiti artist who has caught his eye, Watts has his eye on the local IKF go-kart championships. But can Watts beat Rodney (Joe Dinicol), the class bully who also happens to be a hotshot on the track? Kart Racer also features an appearance by comedian Harland Williams as Zee, the proprietor of a local video-game arcade.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Family
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/26/2003
- DVD Release Date: 05/10/2005
- Distributor(s): Premiere
- Director(s): Stuart Gillard
- Starring: Randy Quaid , Will Rothhaar , Jennifer Wigmore , Amanda De Martinis , David Gallagher
- Themes: Underdogs,Death of a Parent,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Heartwarming,Springlike,Sweet,Sentimental,Light
- Keywords: father,go-cart,parent/child-relationship,racing
- Country of Origin: Canada (09-26-2003)
- Language: English