Niall Johnson's comedy Keeping Mum concerns the family of a vicar who are beset by a variety of problems. Reverend Walter Goodfellow (Rowan Atkinson) is a well-meaning but hapless religious figure in his town. His son, Petey, is a wimp, forever terrorized at school. His daughter, Holly, enjoys the company of a variety of different boyfriends. Wife Gloria (Kristin Scott Thomas) has had enough of her husband and is considering leaving him for a golf teacher (Patrick Swayze). The family starts to come back together after hiring housekeeper Grace (Maggie Smith), a woman who knows a thing or two about keeping secrets.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/29/2006
- DVD Release Date: 02/20/2007
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
Kristin Scott Thomas
- Themes: Serial Killers,Eccentric Families,Servants and Employers,Infidelity,Members of the Clergy
- Tone: Irreverent,Quirky,Macabre
family-secrets, golf, housekeeper, instructor, minister, village
- Country of Origin: UK (12-05-2005),USA - Limited (09-15-2006)
- Language: English