Plot & Details
Swedish filmmaker Mikael Kristersson directs this austere yet beautiful experimental documentary about two European falcons. Shot over the course of two years, Kristersson manages to fashion a narrative without the use of voice-overs or music, showing the falcons as they forage for food and tend to their eggs. Much of this film, though, is spent viewing the world from the falcons' vantage point -- high up on a 13th century church steeple, watching the groundskeeper tending to the village cemetery and the choir boys growing tired of a long religious procession.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/26/2000
- DVD Release Date: 01/20/2004
- Distributor(s): First Run
- Director(s): Mikael Kristersson
- Tone: Austere,Deliberate,Meditative,Understated
- Keywords: animal-behavior, bird-watching, birds, falcon
- Country of Origin: USA (01-26-2000)
- Language: Swedish