Plot & Details
Director Matthew Harrison and star Kevin Corrigan co-wrote this offbeat comedy about a man trying to map out a future in the midst of a very confusing present. Redmond (Corrigan) is a self-styled poet and philosopher who frequently ponders his personal journey of self-discovery, which doesn't leave him much time to hold down a steady job. Needing cash, Redmond agrees to do a favor for his Uncle Sam (James Woods), a small-time scam artist; Sam gives him a bag to deliver to someone at a subway station, neglecting to tell him that he's actually making a cocaine drop. The delivery turns into a gun battle, and Redmond soon finds himself on the run, with gangster Jack (Burt Young) eager to catch up with him. Without an apartment and needing a place to hole up, Redmond persuades his buddy Stretch (Michael Rapaport), a man with a tremendous enthusiasm for his work as a beer distributor, to take him in. As he ponders his next move, Redmond falls into a sudden romance with a beautiful airline attendant, Megan (Linda Fiorentino), while his former girlfriend Happy (Lili Taylor) stays on his tail, and Redmond keeps thinking about the Hindenberg. Martin Scorsese served as executive producer.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/26/1997
- DVD Release Date: 10/10/2000
- Director(s): Matthew Harrison
- Starring: Kevin Corrigan , Linda Fiorentino , Michael Rapaport , James Woods , Burt Young
- Themes: Drug Trade,Unlikely Criminals,Nothing Goes Right
- Tone: Humorous,Madcap,Quirky,Tense
- Keywords: beer,con/scam,drug-dealer,ex-girlfriend,philosophy,poet,stewardess,uncle
- Language: English