Plot & Details
Prominently displaying red-white-and-blue title colors, this subtly patriotic fact-based movie about kids who succeed is dated by the fact that all these daring youngsters are white, without any discernible ethnicity. Dickie (Scott Schwartz) is an enterprising kid on a ranch in southern California who puts his business tendencies to practical use in several successful ventures, aided and abetted by his siblings and other friends. When Dickie & Co. become too successful, they are taken to court by their adult business rivals, but they refuse a lawyer and defend themselves. The kids win their case against their adult competitors and their lawyers, leaving the courtroom to cheers and upraised fists from a sea of youngsters outside. Three years of law school at exorbitant costs, plus a two-year internship and years of moving up a densely-runged ladder -- just to lose to an 11-year old, amazing.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Family
- Run Time: 104min.
- Director(s): Ronald F. Maxwell
- Starring: Scott Schwartz , Cinnamon Idles , Tristine Skyler , Elizabeth Gorcey
- Themes: Ladder to the Top,Mischievous Children,Fighting the System
- Tone: Bright,Earnest,Humorous,Poignant,Quirky,Witty
- Keywords: business, business-rivalry, courtroom, entrepreneur, lawsuit, lawyer