Plot & Details
A woman finds love when all she wanted was a quick and painless death in this dark comedy-drama. Shawn (Selma Blair) is a deeply depressed young woman who is unhappy with her job as a bank teller and is frustrated with her romantic relationship with her boss (D.W. Moffett), who happens to be married. Deciding there's no reason to go on, Shawn climbs to the roof of the bank and steels her nerve to leap to her death. But before she can jump, a novice bank robber named Charlie (Max Beesley) stages a hold-up at the bank, taking Shawn hostage in the process. Charlie and Shawn are soon trapped in the bank, and Charlie asks Shawn to help him escape; she agrees, but only under the condition that he kill her later. He agrees, but after they make their getaway, Charlie finds himself increasingly attracted to Shawn and isn't so sure he wants to see her dead, while Shawn is similarly intrigued with Charlie and decides to join him in his life of crime. Kill Me Later received its premiere at the 2001 Santa Barbara Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Horror
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/14/2001
- DVD Release Date: 12/25/2001
- Distributor(s): 7th Art
- Director(s): Dana Lustig
- Starring: Selma Blair , Max Beesley , Brendan Fehr , Lochlyn Munro , O'Neal Compton
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Opposites Attract,Bank Robbery,Suicide
- Tone: Bittersweet,Chilly,Downbeat,Irreverent,Quirky,Tense,Witty,Ironic
- Keywords: bank-personnel,bank-robbery,boss [employer],crime
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-14-2001)
- Language: English