Plot & Details
A musician who is supposed to mend his ways ends up changing the habits of a group of fellow inmates in this comedy. Wesley Benfield (William Lee Scott) is a guitar player with a habit of walking on the wrong side of the law. One night, Benfield gets into a fistfight in a Missouri honky-tonk, and when police discover the car he drove to the club is stolen, it's not long before he finds himself standing before a judge. Benfield is ordered to move into a half-way house near a small Baptist college, and as part of his therapy he joins in a small gospel combo comprised of the house's residents. However, Benfield is a lot more interested in playing the blues; with a bit of persuading, he convinces his bandmates to pursue a new musical direction, and they start sneaking out at night to play shows at a local nightspot. Killer Diller co-stars Fred Willard, Lucas Black, John Michael Higgins, Mary Kay Place, and veteran blues artist Taj Mahal.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/28/2006
- DVD Release Date: 01/15/2008
- Distributor(s): Innovation
- Director(s): Tricia Brock
- Starring: William Lee Scott , Lucas Black , Fred Willard , John Michael Higgins , W. Earl Brown
- Themes: Musician's Life,Prison Life
- Tone: Goofy,Light,Upbeat
- Keywords: car, club [organization], college, gospel, guitar, musician, police
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-28-2006)
- Language: English