Witness 16 of the world's most talented pastry chefs in action as filmmakers D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus showcase the intense preparations for the three-day competition known as the Meilleurs Ouvriers de France. Staged just once every four years, the Meilleurs Ouvriers de France represents the pinnacle of a pâtissier's career. Those who win the competition are awarded the prestigious "Collar," a distinctive red, white, and blue collar that singles them out as true masters of the culinary arts. As the harried chefs race to perfect their elaborate, delectable creations, judges study their every move with intense scrutiny.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/15/2010
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): First Run
D.A. Pennebaker, Chris Hegedus
- Themes: Contests, Pageants and Competitions,Cooks and Chefs
France, baking, behind-the-scenes, chef, competition, desserts, pastry
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-15-2010)
- Language: English,French