Plot & Details
Noz w Wodzie was not only Polanski's first feature-length film, but it also marked the first screen appearance of Polish actor Zygmunt Malanowicz who played a young student. In fact, the only experienced thespian in the featured trio is Leon Niemczyk as Andrzej, the self-important, somewhat arrogant husband of Kataryna. Andrzej and Kataryna pick up the student as he is hitchhiking and invite him to join them on their boat for an outing. As the threesome head out to open water, the husband and the student start a kind of jealous interaction that keeps Kataryna mildly amused. What began as a macho sparring ends up in a fight that has the student falling overboard and the husband swimming to shore for help. But appearances are deceiving, as the husband will soon discover.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 94min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/16/2003
- Distributor(s): Film Polski
- Director(s): Roman Polanski
- Starring: Leon Niemczyk , Jolanta Umecka , Zygmunt Malanowicz
- Themes: Class Differences,Brief Encounters,Infidelity,Nightmare Vacations,Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Understated,Atmospheric,Claustrophobic,Confrontational,Tense
- Keywords: holiday, jealousy, journalism, rival, sailing, hitchhiker, knife
- Language: Polish
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|1963||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Foreign Language Film||Roman Polanski||Nominated|