Plot & Details
A bitter class war erupts between two families after the daughter of a humble well digger is impregnated by the son of a wealthy shopkeeper. Aging widower Pascal Amoretti (Daniel Auteuil) works hard to provide for his six daughters. As the first shots of World War I are fired, his eldest daughter Patricia (Astrid Bergés-Frisbey) returns home from Paris to help raise her younger siblings. Meanwhile, Pascal wants to see Patricia marry his longtime assistant Felipe (Kad Merad), a hard worker who would make a loving husband. But shortly after arriving back home, Patricia has a fling with Jacques Mazel (Nicolas Duvauchelle), a fighter pilot from a wealthy family, who then disappears to the front lines after getting Patricia pregnant. At first, the Mazels are furious, accusing the impoverished Amorettis of using the situation to stake a claim on their fortune. When Jacques goes missing in action, however, the Mazels quickly realize that Patricia's unborn child may be their only link to the son who sacrificed his life fighting for their country.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/20/2012
- DVD Release Date: 12/24/2012
- Distributor(s): Kino Lorber Films
- Director(s): Daniel Auteuil
- Starring: Daniel Auteuil , Astrid Bergés-Frisbey , Kad Merad , Sabine Azéma , Jean-Pierre Darroussin
- Themes: Fathers and Daughters,Expecting a Baby
- Tone: Poignant
- Keywords: daughter, father, pilot, pregnancy
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-20-2012)
- Language: French