Plot & Details
Irene Dunne plays a flibbetygibbet socialite who inherits a farm in Arizona. She can't seem to manage either her money or her private life, thus seeks advice from outside sources. Irene falls in love with fledgling Manhattan psychiatrist Patric Knowles, and marries him in the hope that he'll solve all her problems. Lady in a Jam was advertised as one of the most expensive comedies ever made; the studio was banking on the reputations of star Irene Dunne and director Gregory LaCava to draw crowds. But when the film failed (it shifted emotional gears a bit too often for 1942 film fans), both the lady and the gentleman found their careers in "a jam"--from which Dunne recovered but LaCava didn't.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 78min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/26/2005
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Gregory La Cava
- Starring: Irene Dunne , Patric Knowles , Eugene Pallette , Samuel S. Hinds
- Keywords: couple, cure, fortune [wealth], grandfather, heir, inheritance, marriage, visit, west, love, psychiatrist, romance, spendthrift