Plot & Details
A woman on her own finds herself taking a second chance at love, with hilarious results, in the comedy from France. Odile Rousselet (Chantal Lauby) is a well-regarded if not exactly famous actress whose ongoing midlife crisis kicks into high gear when her teenage daughter, Marie (Armelle Deutsch), tells her she's moving out of the house, and in with her boyfriend, Guillaume (Christophe Debonneuil). Understandably upset, Odile finds herself troubled not only by her anxieties about her daughter, but by her own loneliness. However, Odile's attitudes begin to change when she meets Kader (Jean-Pierre Martins). A handsome younger man who runs a ride at a local fair, Kader catches Odile's eye, and she finds herself feeling as giddy as a schoolgirl when he's around -- and has even more trouble controlling her feelings when Kader responds in kind. Laisse Tes Mains sur Mes Hanches was written and directed by leading lady Chantal Lauby; it was her first feature film.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 107min.
- Distributor(s): ARP Selection
- Director(s): Chantal Lauby
- Starring: Chantal Lauby , Jean-Pierre Martins , Rossy de Palma , Claude Perron , Alain Chabat
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Age Disparity Romance
- Tone: Goofy,Quirky,Whimsical
- Keywords: empty-nest, life-changes