Plot & Details
This moving documentary by director Werner Herzog (Fitzcarraldo, and Aguirre, the Wrath of God) enters into the world of Fini Strabinger of Bavaria, who is both deaf and blind. Fini has made a career of helping others who are similarly afflicted, teaching them sign language and taking them on field trips to gardens and touching zoos. Told in an unaffected, homey style, this film uses a minimum of narration as it movingly explores the lives of these people. One of the film's highlights is footage showing Fini's reactions to her first airplane flight.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 81min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/28/2004
- DVD Release Date: 07/05/2005
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Werner Herzog
- Themes: Living With Disability
- Tone: Compassionate,Heartwarming,Poignant
- Keywords: Bavaria,assistance,blindness [physical],deafness,disability,generosity,kindness
- Language: German