Plot & Details
T.R. Knight, Danny Aiello, Vincent Pastore, and Gilbert Gottfried star in writer/director John DeBellis' bittersweet romantic comedy about a dying father who implores one of his sons to have a baby boy and carry on the family name. Pop (Aiello) is dying, but before he punches out he wants to make sure that his legacy will live on. In order to insure that this happens, he begs his sons Tom (Knight) and Jeff (also Knight) to marry a woman and father a son. While Tom is more than up to the task, tragedy strikes when he dies trying. Now it's all up to Jeff, but how does a seminary student who's planning on becoming a priest maintain his vow of celibacy and fulfill his father's dying wish at the same time? When Pop confronts Jeff with a question that shakes the loyal son to the very core, he abandons the seminary in order to follow through on his dear old dad's final request.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 91min.
- DVD Release Date: 04/22/2008
- Director(s): John DeBellis
- Starring: Danny Aiello , T.R. Knight , Sabrina Lloyd
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Looking For Love,Death of a Parent
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Sweet
- Keywords: death-in-family,deathbed-wish,family-responsibilities,seminary
- Language: English