Plot & Details
Four of stand up comedy's funniest lesbians are showcased in this release that shows them doing their thing onstage before taking a trip backstage for some revealing interviews. Kate Clinton, Karen Williams, Marga Gomez, and Suzanne Westenhoefer never wanted to be activists, but by embracing their sexuality and refusing to deny who they were, they paved the way for a generation of gay female stand-ups. In this release that inter cuts Clinton, Williams, Gomez, and Westerhoefer's hilarious stage routines with intimate interviews revealing what it's really like to be gay in the world of comedy, fans of these four funny ladies receive the rare chance to laugh and think at the same time.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 60min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/11/2004
- DVD Release Date: 07/06/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Andrea Meyerson
- Tone: Heartwarming,Humorous,Intimate,Upbeat
- Keywords: comedian, comedy, coming-out, concert-footage, determination, discrimination, homosexual, interview, lesbianism, pioneer, underground [counterculture]
- Language: English