Plot & Details
In this unreal walk through the streets of Paris, Marie (Bulle Ogier), a woman convicted of robbing a bank is just out from prison when she runs into Baptiste (Pascale Ogier) a young paranoid needing companionship, and the two team up for awhile. Marie's former boyfriend (Pierre Clementi) supplies them with a strange map of the city, suspicious because he keeps files on political figures that may be somehow linked to the map. A gangster nicknamed "Max" begins to track Marie and the already paranoid Baptiste, causing Marie to examine the map as though it held the clue to which sides of the city were "safe" and which were not. As the two women attempt to outsmart Max and unknown gangsters, they try to figure out the map - a task made all the more difficult by Baptiste's tendency to violent rushes of adrenaline and Marie's overworked imagination (a dragon at the North Bridge is a threat until Baptiste screams him down). Between the dragon and their own demons, Marie and Baptiste face frightening odds against coming out of this misadventure intact.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental
- Run Time: 131min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/19/2004
- Director(s): Jacques Rivette
- Starring: Bulle Ogier , Pascale Ogier , Jean-François Stévenin , Pierre Clémenti , Steve Baes
- Tone: Fanciful
- Keywords: boyfriend, companion, conviction, gangster, imagination, mental-illness, paranoia, prison, robbery
- Country of Origin: USA - Rerelease (03-22-2013)
- Language: French