Plot & Details
Made by and for the TNT cable network, this sharp, satirical courtroom drama skewers the increasingly symbiotic relationship between the judicial system and popular media. The story centers on the trial of a famous model (Gina Gershon) who has been accused of murder. The media touts it "the trial of the century," a notion notorious celebrity lawyer Norman Keane (James Garner) does nothing to dispel. He also doesn't seem to be concerned about the myriad of rumors flying through the airwaves. Reporter Brenda Whitlas (Kathleen Turner) is not as easily fooled as the public and tries to ferret out the truth. Meanwhile a rookie lawyer involved in the case tries desperately to stay afloat amidst the confusion.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 105min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/15/2005
- Director(s): Glenn Jordan
- Starring: James Garner , Gina Gershon , Mary-Louise Parker , Edward Kerr , Kathleen Turner
- Themes: Lawyers,Members of the Press
- Tone: Biting,Light,Satirical,Talky
- Keywords: lawyer, media, model [fashion], murder-trial, reporter