Plot & Details
Touted in many circles as a response to The Dreamers (2003) -- Bernardo Bertolucci's ode to Paris in May 1968 -- Philippe Garrel's Regular Lovers (aka Les Amants Réguliers) explores the same events cinematically but undertakes a wholly unique aesthetic and temporal approach. The director follows his central characters, a young man named François and his clique of friends, as they experience the aftermath of the events and grapple with their attempts to understand what has just occurred. Garrel's familiarity with The Dreamers came by default; his son, Louis, starred in that earlier work, and plays François in this film.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 184min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/18/2006
- DVD Release Date: 11/28/2006
- Director(s): Philippe Garrel
- Starring: Louis Garrel , Clotilde Hesme , Eric Rulliat , Julien Lucas , Nicolas Bridet
- Themes: Dropping Out,Social Injustice,Journey of Self-Discovery,Political Unrest,Twentysomething Life
- Tone: Reflective,Decadent,Passionate,Elegiac,Meditative
- Keywords: France,revolution,youth-culture
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (01-19-2007)
- Language: French