Plot & Details
Pierre Ambroise Francois Choderlos de Laclos's 18th century novel Les Liaisons Dangereuses was filmed several times. In Roger Vadim's version, Jeanne Moreau coerces her husband Gerard Philippe into ruining the reputation of pious Annette Vadim (the director's wife at the time). Philippe spoils Moreau's nasty little plan by falling in love with his intended victim. While the novel merely humiliated Moreau's character for her misdeeds, Vadim comes up with a far more painful and permanent punishment. Since the release of the 1988 Dangerous Liaisons, Vadim's film has travelled under the title Dangerous Liaisons 1960 (even though it was technically completed in 1959, and released to the U.S. in 1961).
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 111min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/04/2003
- Distributor(s): Films Marceau
- Director(s): Roger Vadim
- Starring: Gérard Philipe , Jeanne Moreau , Jean Valerie , Annette Vadim , Simone Renant
- Themes: Romantic Betrayal,Infidelity
- Tone: Atmospheric,Bleak,Literate,Racy,Moody
- Keywords: battle-of-the-sexes,death,decadence,extramarital-affair,killing,marriage,sex
- Language: French
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|1961||Hollywood Foreign Press Association||Best Foreign Film||Nominated|