Plot & Details
This anthology helmed by four talented filmmakers, Claude Chabrol, Jean-Luc Godard, Hiromichi Horikawa, and Roman Polanski, allows viewers to meet and observe four international con artists. Each story is set within a different city. "Amsterdam" follows the attempts of a seductive Dutch woman to entice an elderly man into buying her an expensive necklace in exchange for sex. He does, and she immediately runs away and uses the bauble, not realizing that it is worth a fortune, to purchase a parrot. In "Paris," a con man sells a tourist rube the Eiffel Tower. The entrepreneurial dolt ends up arrested after trying to charge an admission fee to visitors. "Naples" centers on a band of hookers who listen to their pimp and seek out old men in retirement villages. They convince the old fellows to marry them so they will not be forced to leave the city. Unfortunately for the pimp, the delighted geezers will not allow their brides to work. In the grim finale "Tokyo," a greedy Japanese barmaid serves her aged escort too many noodles. He promptly chokes to death and after he falls, she yanks out his teeth and runs them to a pawn shop. She is hoping they are platinum. They aren't and she is arrested for murder.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 90min.
- Distributor(s): Jack Ellis Films
- Director(s): Jean-Luc Godard, Roman Polanski
- Starring: Jean-Pierre Cassel , Francis Blanche , Catherine Deneuve , Gabriella Giorgetti , Nicole Karen
- Themes: Cons and Scams
- Keywords: Japan, arrest, barmaid, death, elderly, escort, expensive, girl, killing, opal, pawnbroker, pimp, promise, prostitute/prostitution, retirement, scheme, sexual, ugly, woman, con/scam
- Country of Origin: France (08-14-1964),Italy (08-27-1964)
- Language: French