Plot & Details
In 1804, two American military officers, Merriweather Lewis and William Clark, were given an assignment by President Thomas Jefferson -- to explore the uncharted areas of the land known as "the Louisiana Purchase," a massive stretch of 8,000 miles from St. Louis to the Western Coastline. Lewis and Clark hoped to find a Northwest Passage, which would link the Atlantic and Pacific ocean, but along the way they discovered the sources of some of America's greatest beauty and wealth. They also found hardship, but survived thanks to the compassion of trapper Toussaint Charbonneau and his wife Sacagawea, a Native American. Lewis and Clark were presumed dead until they made their way back to civilization in 1806, with details of one the greatest adventures in American history. Lewis & Clark is a documentary produced by National Geographic Video which follows the incredible journey of these pioneering explorers. Jeff Bridges narrates.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Epic and Historical,Special Interest
- Run Time: 65min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/03/2002
- DVD Release Date: 08/01/2002
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Zeitgeist
- Director(s): Karen Goodman, Kirk Simon
- Starring: Jeff Bridges
- Themes: Taming the West
- Tone: Sweeping,Stirring,Earthy
- Keywords: danger, discovery, expedition, exploration, journey, westward-expansion
- Language: English