Plot & Details
Murder, industrial espionage, political intrigue and Jean-Paul Belmondo are the strengths of this French thriller. Cordell (Belmondo) is the heir of a French industrialist, who dies in an air crash. When someone almost succeeds in framing Cordell with a case of drugs, he begins to suspect that his father's death was not accidental. He hires a private detective and finds that a reporter working for his father's magazine (one of the many companies he owned) was looking into plans by another multinational to take over the company. Also, Cordell's father-in-law, a former Italian fascist, may not have given up his old loyalties. As these facts emerge, his enemies become even more determined to get him out of the way. This film caused some controversy in France where it was viewed as a sharp commentary on the society by the director, a former journalist.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 110min.
- Director(s): Philippe Labro
- Starring: Jean-Paul Belmondo , Carla Gravina , Jean Rochefort , Charles Denner
- Themes: Amateur Sleuths,Office Politics
- Tone: Paranoid,Slick,Cynical,Stylish
- Keywords: France, father, inheritance, killing, magnate, resources, son, family-member, revenge
- Country of Origin: France (03-21-1973),Italy (04-19-1973)
- Language: French