Plot & Details
When Akiko (Rin Takanashi), a lovely Tokyo student who moonlights as a call girl, is dispatched to a new client in the suburbs, she is surprised to find the shy and elderly Takashi (81-year-old stage actor Tadashi Okuno), a committed academic constantly distracted by work-related phone calls. The lonely widower seems far more interested in playing house than having sex, however, and the young woman soon falls asleep. The next day, when the two encounter Akiko's volatile boyfriend Noriaki (Ryo Kase)< Takashi plays into Noriaki's assumption that he is actually Akiko's grandfather. As the three settle into their new roles, Takashi finds himself becoming the protector that Akiko so desperately needs.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/15/2013
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Director(s): Abbas Kiarostami
- Starring: Rin Takanashi , Tadashi Okuno , Ryo Kase , Denden , Mihoko Suzuki
- Themes: Unlikely Friendships,Schemes and Ruses
- Tone: Poignant
- Keywords: boyfriend, professor, prostitute/prostitution, student
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-15-2013)
- Language: Japanese